Bay Area Summer's Festivals at a Glance
Summer festival season to kicking into high gear with an incredible number of fantastic festivals worth getting on your calendar. So read on for a list of recommendations for fabulous festivals this summer.
In its 42nd year, The Union Street Music Festival is one of San Francisco’s largest annual FREE events!
Join friends and neighbors in downtown Point Reyes for our community hoedown on Saturday of Western Weekend.
Sunday Street’s longest route runs through the Outer Sunset and parts of Golden Gate Park, following the city’s western edge along the super-scenic Great Highway, providing car-free streets and fun, free activities for all.
Mark your calendar it’s Strawberry Festival! Join SRD in building a better community environment through our local parks and recreation.
The Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Classic is dedicated to building awareness in and promoting the sport of hot air ballooning, in addition to helping raise money for local charitable organizations.
Family Fun • Talented Artists • Two Stages • Great Food • Artisan Beers • Supple Wines • FREE ENTRY!
Fairfax Festival, Marin’s premier community celebration. The Fairfax Festival embodies the values that are dear to all Marinites: community, family, social responsibility, sustainability and, of course, a great party.
The scenic 7.4 mile course from Mill Valley to Stinson Beach is considered to be one of the most beautiful courses in the world.
Join us for live music on three stages, great food from popular Temescal eateries and mobile food vendors, craft beer, and scores of artisans at our FREE annual Festival!
The first and only event of its kind in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Northern California Pirate Festival is pleased to return to the Vallejo Waterfront for another year of piratical mischief and good times.
In its 64th year, The North Beach Festival is considered one of the country’s original outdoor Festivals.
A beloved Father’s Day tradition celebrating the creativity of North America’s indigenous peoples, the 21st annual Native Contemporary Arts Festival showcases a diverse program of native music, dance, spoken word, artist vendors and native crafts.
Join us June 23–24, 2018, for Italian Street Painting Marin's next spectacular event when we explore the Wonders of Space & Time
San Francisco Pride is one of the oldest and largest LGBTQIA parades in the world. Contingents march through the heart of the city, along Market Street, with more than 100,000 spectators.
Blending art and soul in one of the country’s most unique neighborhoods, the Fillmore Jazz Festival is the largest free Jazz festival on the West Coast, drawing over 100,000 visitors over the Independence Day weekend.
It’s official! Our next festival will be held on June 30th, 2018 in Susana Park in Martinez.
The mission of the Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival is to educate the public about the health benefits and various uses of soy and tofu. In adhering to these goals, the Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival — an annual fundraiser for the Nichi Bei Foundation — strives to be a vehicle for community-building and leadership development while adhering to the Foundation’s mission of keeping the community connected, informed and empowered.
- June 3-4 Western Weekend, Point Reyes
- June 3-4 Bay Area Book Festival, Berkeley
- June 3-4 Union Street Festival, San Francisco
- June 4 Strawberry Festival, Mill Valley
- June 10-11 Fairfax Festival
- June 10-11 Novato Festival of Art, Wine & Music
- June 10-11 Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Classic
- June 11 Dipsea Race, Mill Valley
- June 11 Sunday Streets, San Francisco
- June 11 Haight-Ashbury Street Fair
- June 11 Temescal Street Fair, North Oakland
- June 17 Soy and Tofu Festival, Saint Mary’s Cathedral, San Francisco
- June 17 Japan Day Festival, San Francisco
- June 17 Juneteenth, San Francisco
- June 17-18 North Beach Festival, San Francisco
- June 17-18 Northern California Pirate Festival, Vallejo
- June 18 Native Contemporary Arts Festival, San Francisco
- June 24-25 Italian Street Painting Marin, San Rafael
- June 24-25 San Francisco Gay Pride Event
- June 30 Friday Nights on Main, Tiburon
- July 1-2 Fillmore Jazz Festival, San Francisco
- July 15 Big Time Festival, Kule Loklo, Point Reyes
- July 15 40th Street Block Party, Oakland
- July 16 Sunday Streets, San Francisco
- July 16 SF Anime & Cosplay Festival, San Francisco
- July 16 Sommerfest, German Tourist Club, Mill Valley
- July 28 Friday Nights on Main, Tiburon
- July 28-30 Gilroy Garlic Festival
- July 29 San Rafael Twilight Criterium
- July 29 Creative Arts Festival, Flax Art & Design, San Francisco
- July 29-30 Berkeley Kite Festival
- August 5 Beaver Festival
- August 6 Novato Space Festival, Space Station Museum, Novato
- August 5-6 Nihonmachi Street Fair, Japantown, San Francisco
- August 5-6 San Jose Renaissance Faire
- August 5-6 Fremont Festival of the Arts
- August 6 Jerry Day, San Francisco
- August 12 Inverness Fair
- August 12-13 Pistahan, San Francisco
- August 12-13 Gravenstein Apple Fair, Sebastopol
- August 19 Bark Around the Block, Berkeley
- August 20 Sunday Streets, San Francisco
- August 25 Friday Nights on Main, Tiburon
- August 27 Point Reyes Annual Sand Sculpture Contest, Point Reyes
- August 27 Streets for People, Fairfax
- August 27 Origami-Palooza & Paper Airplane Contest, San Francisco
- September 2-4 Sausalito Art Festival, Sausalito
- September 2-3 Scottish Highland Gathering & Games, Pleasanton
- September 2-3 Gold Rush Days, Sacramento
- September 9-10 Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival, San Francisco
- September 10 Sunday Streets, San Francisco
- September 16 Sumo Championship, Japantown, San Francisco
- September 16-17 Mill Valley Arts Festival, Mill Valley
- September 17 Kinderfest, German Tourist Club, Mill Valley
- September 20-24 The Berkeley Old Time Music Festival
- September 23 Blackie's Hay Day, Tiburon
- September 23-24 Dragonboat Festival, Oakland
- September 23-24 Bay Area Blues Festival, Martinez
- September 24 San Anselmo's Country Fair Day
- September 29 Friday Nights on Main, Tiburon
- September 30-October 1 Autumn Moon Festival, San Francisco