A new book hits the shelves this week just in time for Christmas, turning the world's favorite PC program, Minecraft, from a time consuming game into a visual learning tool. Learn to Program with Minecraft ($29.95, Dec. 2015, 320 pp.) teaches beginner-friendly Python programming enabling kids to put their own unique spin in this digitally fabricated world.
And one lucky Ronnie's Awesome List subscriber will win a copy!
This book shows how easy coding is with a hands-on approach to programming and step-by-step directions designed to make things clear for readers of all ages and experience levels. I've been testing this book with my own twelve year old self proclaimed Minecraft expert for the past few weeks and she is learning so much.....as am I. Learn to Program with Minecraft embarks on a series of interactive and engaging missions such as:
- Taking you on an automated teleportation tour around your Minecraft world
- Building massive monuments, pyramids, forests, and more in a snap!
- Making secret passageways that open when you activate a hidden switch
- Creating a spooky ghost town that vanishes and reappears elsewhere
- Showing exactly where to dig for rare blocks
- Casting a spell so that a cascade of flowers (or dynamite if you’re daring!) follows your every move
- Making mischief with dastardly lava traps and watery curses that cause huge floods
Python is a practical and widely used programming language. Its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code than is possible in other languages making it the perfect coding language for beginners while tapping into a kids ingenuity and creative spirit. Learn to Program with Minecraft is quite a robust book and makes the perfect holiday gift guaranteed to keep your Minecraft lover busy long into 2016.