The Bay Area is all abuzz with Super Bowl 50 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara on Feb. 7, 2016, and is preceded by a weeklong series of public events. For families interested in embracing the celebrations of Super Bowl 50, here are 4 fun family friendly ways to celebrate.
Featuring family-friendly activities for fans of all ages and a fun way for locals and visitors to enjoy the extravaganza that is the sporting world’s biggest annual event.
- January 30 – February 7
- Located at Justin Herman Plaza, San Francisco
- For more information visit sfbaysuperbowl.com/super-bowl-city
Fan Energy Zone showcasing interactive gaming, social media and data visualizations. The Fan Energy Zone will include three different but interlinked areas:
- The 40 ft tall Fan Dome where fans become players as digital avatars on giant screens.
- The Fan Wall 50 foot wide video wall that will capture the visual and virtual excitement of Super Bowl City.
- The Fan Stage, will be the “live” area with celebrity appearances and autograph signings, and the main space for the DJs and MCs.
Saturday, January 30 the day’s activities will be topped off by the official re-lighting of the iconic Bay Lights on the Bay Bridge.
- January 30 – February 7
- Located at Moscone Center, San Francisco
- Tickets on sale here
- For more information visit sfbaysuperbowl.com/nfl-experience
- Interactive games so you can pass like a pro or take a shot at kicking a game winning field goal
- The NFL PLAY 60 Zone for the youngest of NFL Fans
- The opportunity for fans to meet some of their favorite NFL players of the past and present, including autograph sessions
- The history of the game on display including the opportunity to get an up-close look at all past Super Bowl championship rings and a photo opportunity with the one and only Vince Lombardi Trophy
- The NFL SHOP at Super Bowl, complete with the largest offering of official NFL limited-edition Super Bowl 50 merchandise and the latest in authentic NFL products
As part of the Countdown to Kick-off, the event celebrates Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) with the theme “Experience from Afar.” View a schedule of the presentations.
- January 30, 10am-5pm
- Located at Santa Clara Central Park Library
- Recommended for grades 6 and up
- For more information visit santaclaraca.gov/visitors/countdown-to-kick-off/super-community-events/stem-innovation-bowl
An exciting day-long FREE festival to countdown the final hours leading up to Super Bowl 50! The City of Santa Clara invites fans of all teams and ages to the Super Community Celebration at Santa Clara University on February 6, 2015. Come experience firsthand the excitement as Santa Clara counts down the hours to the big game.
- February 6
- Located around the City of Santa Clara
- For more information visit santaclaraca.gov/residents/countdown-to-kick-off/super-community-events/super-community-celebration
- Celebrity Sweat® Game, gate opens 11:30am, game starts at 1pm, watch some of your favorite celebrities from the sports and entertainment industries as they match up in a 10-on-10 flag football game. Limited seating available so arrive early!
- Pep Rally, 10am-2pm, live music performance, the 49ers Gold Rush cheerleaders and Raiderettes, and the Santa Clara Vanguard, former Super Bowl champions like Eric Wright, Cliff Branch, Ricky Waters, Keena Turner, John Taylor, Josh Harper, and Eric Reid. On the concourse level, make sure to get autographs of these NFL legends! Leavey Center
- Flavors of Santa Clara features gourmet food trucks, a beer and wine garden, and live performances by local bands.
- NFL 49ers Play 60 Youth Zone, designed to get kids active through sport, Bellomy Field
- Fan Experience Zone, interactive zone will feature games, live radio station broadcasts, a fan merchandise shop, and more fun activities for fans of all ages, Stanton Field