It may feel hard to pick up the pieces in the aftermath of natural disaster but you are in Marin and we welcome you to our community. We hope you find this repository, put together by Rachel Templeton & Ronnie's Awesome List, of local kid-specific resources for families helpful. Please check back frequently as our list grows and contact us anytime.
ATTENTION: SoCo Fire Relief database for current information about where to donate, volunteer and get help.
MUSEUMS OFFERING FREE ADMISSION TO FAMILIES AFFECTED BY THE WILDFIRES
LOCAL INDOOR SPOTS
* I Made It! Glass Creations, San Rafael, 50% Give Back next Wednesday, October 18th
* PoekieNook, Mill Valley, FREE drop-in time for any family who evacuated their home due to the fires up North
* BirdSong, Mill Valley, Create Your Instruction Manual- proceeds to Sonoma Strong, Sunday, October 15th
- Ark Row, Tiburon
- Art A Bloom, San Anselmo
- ARTifact, Corte Madera
- Falkirk Cultural Center, San Rafael
- MASTERWORKS Children’s Art Studio, Corte Madera
- Side Door Studio, San Rafael
- Studio 4 Art, Novato and Mill Valley
ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
* MV Code Club, Greenbrae, Mill Valley, San Francisco, Redwood City and Albany. Thank you for entertaining 18 North Bay kids displaced from fires at a free coding camp in Greenbrae last week.
* Play-Well, San Anselmo, Free drop-in from the rest of October and all of November.
- CyberGarage, San Anselmo
INDOOR PLACES TO RELEASE ENERGY INDOORS
* Sing Dance Play, Novato, is offering free Open Play to evacuated families Monday mornings & Tu-Fri afternoons thru November.
* Love 2 Dance, Novato, Free dance party of Saturday, October 14, 1–4 pm, with dancing, bounce house, face painting, piñata, and fun.
* Marin Elite Gymnastics Academy, San Rafael, Anyone in the gymnastics community affected can train with MEGA for free.
- Cal Star Gymnastics Indoor Power Play, Novato
- House of Air, San Francisco
- San Rafael Gymnastics
- GymWorld, San Rafael
- PlayLand, Sausalito
- The Cave, Corte Madera
Sports City Fire Relief Camp (Cotati) 9am -2pm Mon – Fri, includes lunch and a snack daily (pizza slice, fruit, water, and snack crackers or chips), arcade play, bowling, rock n jump, and camp games on the fields at Sports City. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Petaluma Academy of Martial Arts (PAMA): Will be opening up the school next week from 12-2pm for free fun/games for all kids in the evacuation centers. 620 Petaluma Blvd. North.
Rebounderz, Free place for children under 8 years old to play, free wifi. 555 Rohnert Park Expressway West, Rohnert Park. 1pm-8pm
Adventure Recreation, 2200 Petaluma Blvd. N. 10am-3:30pm. Children under 2 are $5, children over 2 $10, but will be flexible for those that don't have money. 2200 Petaluma North in Petaluma outlets next to Saks Off 5th store.
Copperfield’s Books Petaluma: Free wifi, allows dogs, water, stickers & crayons for children.
- Fundamonium (Rohnert Park)
- Rohnert Park Gymnastics
- Bridge Church (Santa Rosa)
- Sonoma County YMCA
- Petaluma Bowling Alley
- Junior Gym (Santa Rosa)
- Adventure Recreation (Petaluma)
- Kids Party Central (Santa Rosa)
- Westminster Woods Camp, Occidental
- Little Imaginarium
At moments like these it's time to step up and help our neighbors. You are not alone and our amazing Bay Area Community will help you with anything you need until you get back on your feet. Do you know any other indoor activities and discounts? Please leave a comment.