Safe Boating Expo
Saturday, May 20, 10 am - 2 pm
Coast Guard Motor Lifeboat Station Golden Gate
Near the north tower of the Golden Gate Bridge (Fort Baker)
435 Murray Circle, Sausalito
In recognition of National Safe Boating Week May 20-26 to promote safe boating and to build partnerships between the boating public and the first responders who work to protect them.
This entirely FREE event features many exciting activities, including:
- Free life jackets (while supplies last), provided by the California Division of Boating and Waterways, as part of the worldwide “Ready, Set, Wear It” program to encourage life jacket wearing. Dog life jacket info and demos available.
- Exciting behind-the-scene tours of Coast Guard and Coast Guard Auxiliary vessels.
- Friendly bomb-sniffing dogs from the Coast Guard Maritime Safety and Security Team (MSST) will demonstrate their skills.
- Free expired flare disposal throughout the day courtesy of the Marin County Sheriff's Office.
- Thrilling helicopter demonstrations from California Highway Patrol and the Sonoma County Sheriff (as long as helicopter isn’t called to a rescue/operation)
- Courtesy vessel safety checks by volunteer Auxiliarists on trailered boats near the public boat ramp. Bring your paddlecraft, powerboat, or sailboat!
- Other first-responder units committed to water safety, including fire department, police department and sheriff marine patrol.
- Environmental stewardship info, paddlecraft ID stickers, safe-boating literature, stickers and activity books for children, and much more!
- A partnership of the Coast Guard active duty unit at Station Golden Gate and Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 12, which meets at the Station; with support from Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 14, which meets in San Rafael.
More info at Fun, free Safe Boating Expo 2017!