A Special Day of Fun at Oakland Aviation Museum
Beginning at Noon - Buckle Up For Action
You're the Aircraft Commander
For People of All Ages!
- Sit in a Korean War MiG-15 and feel what it would have been like to fly for the "other side" in America's first war of the Jet Age.
- Get a glimpse of the training involved for Naval Flight Officers in the 1970s in our Navy A-6 simulator trailer.
- Imagine yourself taking off and landing on a carrier deck in the Navy A-3 Sky Warrior.
- Open Cockpit is when the museum’s visitors can view famous aircraft including A-3 Skywarrior, A-4 Skyhawk, A-7 Corsair and sit in a Harrier, Mig-15, ¾ replica of a Mustang P-51, Cessna 0-2, T-39 Business Jet, Glasair and Ercoupe,The Short Solent Mk 111. Flying Boat exhibit will be open for limited tours, $7 per person. (No free admission during Open Cockpit Day)
- Activities during Open Cockpit include Flight- Next Generation Flight Simulation ($10 for 10 minutes) Canine Companions for Independence. Canine Companions enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships.
- OAM will have the F/A -18 Hornet Flight Simulator operational using a VR headset or by viewing on a monitor. ($20 for 20 minutes)