Every Sunday: March 18 through October 21
The national park picnic has been re-imagined with food and dance that celebrate the diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area!
Grab a blanket and head to your national park for the 6th season of Presdio Picni. This great family event takes place on the Presidio’s beautiful Main Parade Ground, a seven-acre lawn with views of the park, the city and San Francisco Bay. Presidio Picnic features:
- rotating lineup of 25 international mobile food creators representing the best of San Francisco’s multicultural food scene
- Free Yoga class every Sunday from 11am to 12 am
- Free Presidio Y Bike learn to ride lessons for kids every 1st Sunday of the month. Bicycles and helmets provided
- Roving Ranger every 3rd Sunday of the month at Sheridan & Anza
- Cultural Dance Program every 4th >Sunday of the month. Final performance is 10/14. Last day of Picnics is 10/21.
New this Year: Free Cultural Dance Performances
This year Presidio Picnic brings a special focus to the food and cultures of our diverse Bay Area community by introducing a free cultural dance performance on the fourth Sunday of each month.
- March 18, 11:30 am: Ohlone Costanoan Rumsen Carmel Tribe performs a traditional welcome blessing to open the season
- April 29, 12 pm + 2 pm: SF Awakkoren Dance Group performs Awa Odori, one of the most well-known Japanese traditional dances with 400 years of history
- May 27, 12 pm + 2 pm: Ballet Folklórico México Danza appears in a colorful, high-energy performance
- June 24, 12 pm + 2 pm: Alafia Dance Ensemble demonstrate the beauty of African Haitian dance
- July 22, 12 pm + 2 pm: China Dance Theatre celebrates the rich heritage of Chinese ethnic and folk dance
- August 26, 12 pm + 2 pm: Parangal Dance Company performs Philipine regional and traditional dances
- September 23, 12 pm + 2 pm: a local dance school (name of group to be announced soon) will perform traditional and regional dances from India
- October 14, 12 pm + 2 p: Manuia Review celebrates Polynesian cultural dance from Hawai'i, Tahiti, New Zealand, Tonga, and Samo