EdRev (Education Revolution) is a unique day of information, resources, celebration and community for students who learn differently and the families and professionals who support them. Enjoy a range of fun activities for students and kids of all ages.
Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 8:45am – 4pm
AT&T Park, San Francisco
EdRev: A day to think a little differently will give you the chance to experience:
Information: Learn from renowned speakers presenting their work from the cutting edge of learning science
Resources: Explore a diverse range of resources presented by tech companies, service providers, schools, colleges and support organizations
Celebration: Experience an atmosphere where students’ strengths are celebrated and the stigma of LD disappears
Community: Connect with parents, educators and students who are all on the same journey as you
EdRev brings you:
- The latest technology that supports learning
- A wide range of informative, relevant workshops
- Music and outdoor activities for students
- Over 100 exhibitors in the School and Career Fair, Testing and Solution Center, and the Community Corner.
- Student Art Gallery and hands-on activities in the Creativity Unleashed! section
EdRev 2017 Schedule
9 AM - 3:30 PM: Try out the latest Technology for Learning at six Hands-On Demonstration Stations.
9:30 AM - 3 PM: Explore the Art Gallery featuring hundreds of incredible student submissions in visual art, music, video, and written word form.
10:30 AM: We invite kids, students, parents, and educators to gather together in the stands for Scott Barry Kaufman's keynote talk on Ungifted: Intelligence Redefined and Wired to Create: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind. Also featuring comedian Nina G and the students of SAFE.
12 PM - 4 PM: The Student Celebration on the field features: live bands * climbing wall * bounce house * henna tattoos * face painting * running the bases * pop-fly machine * batting tunnels * Fan Lot slide
Workshops suitable for younger attendees include:
1:00 - 2:15 PM Dyslexia Rules! with Makayla Halbower, a 10 year old girl and Author of the book Dyslexia Rules! Makayla will do an author’s reading of her book, followed by Q & A. There will be interactive activities for the children. Her area of focus is to connect with children of her age range (7-12 year olds) that have learning differences.
2:45 – 4:00 PM Find Your Power: Self-Advocacy Discussion by LD/ADHD High School Students. In panel format, students will discuss the challenges and strengths facing students with learning and attention difficulties. They will explain and demonstrate strategies for self-advocacy in order to empower students, parents and teachers. Audience: everyone!
2:45 – 4:00 PM Stressless Student with Sarah Weidman, Academic Life Coach. Parents on your back? In this workshop you will learn practical techniques for time management, organization, and making studying FUN (yes, I did say FUN). Audience: 8th-11th Grades.
VIP Ticket Benefits:
- Discover the Ten Things Highly Creative People do Differently: a breakfast hosted by PEN and Understood, with keynote speaker Scott Barry Kaufman
- Access to VIP Lounge, Coffee and Snacks throughout the day
- Reserved seating for Keynote Speaker presentation
- Guided tour of EdRev by PEN board members
- Copy of Ungifted: Intelligence Redefined by keynote speaker Scott Barry Kaufman
- EdRev 2017 Commemorative Photoball Memorabilia
EdRev (Education Revolution) is a unique day of information, resources, celebration and community for students who learn differently and the families and professionals who support them. Learn more at EdRevSF.org, or on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube.