This August 18th, Fort Point is called to action once again! Experience first-hand the momentous era of the American Civil War from live re-enactors through infantry and artillery demonstrations, medicine in the 1800's, music, Victorian dance and exhibits displaying the lives of men, women, and children of days past. FREE Admission.
Fort Point stands watch under the southern anchorage of the Golden Gate Bridge. Parking at Fort Point NHS is extremely limited so visitors are advised to take public transportation to the event. A portion of the Battery East Trail will be under construction at the time of the event but Fort Point is still accessible from the Muni 28 bus stop at the Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza via the Bay Trail/Presidio Promenade and Andrews Trail.
For more information, please contact the Presidio Visitor Center at (415) 561-4323 or visit nps.gov.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
(Subject to change)
- Flag raising ceremony at 10 AM.
- Infantry drills occur every hour on the hour.
- Artillery discussions occur every hour on the half hour.
- Concurrent demonstrations throughout the day - 1800's medicine, musician, and civilian.
- Flag lowering ceremony at 4:30 PM.