The Cow Palace is bringing back the Wild West to the Bay Area with the annual Grand National Rodeo, Livestock Exposition and Horse Show on October 13 -14 and 20-21. Now in its 71st year, the Grand National Rodeo will celebrate the time-honored tradition of America's West by presenting the best of the best in the competitive sport of rodeo.
The two-weekend event is presented by the Cow Palace in partnership with the PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association), and produced by Cotton Rosser and the Flying U Rodeo Co. which has produced the event for the past 48 years. The Grand National Rodeo features traditional rodeo events including bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, bull riding and barrel racing.
During the livestock exposition, real farm equipment and animals are on site with interactive displays to learn about how food is grown. Exhibitors will show cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, and rabbits, along with photography and fine art inspired by agriculture and western lifestyle.
Other highlights include:
- Western marketplace (open daily from 2 pm – 11 pm)
- Classic Western BBQ with down-home comfort food
- Nightly LIVE music by Buck Nickels & Loose Change Band, and Chad Bushnell
- Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association show
- Equestrian competitions
- “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” day (in support of breast cancer awareness month)
- Military Day (GNR partners with organizations that provide services for Veterans)
- Mechanical bull rides and more!
Ticket prices are $24 for adults Dress Circle, $44 for Box Seats and $14 for children and seniors, and can be purchased online at www.grandnationalrodeo.com or in-person at the box office. Although tickets must be purchased for the Grand National Rodeo in the main arena, the Livestock Exposition, Horse Show, Interactive Agricultural Area, and Marketplace are FREE and open to the public. For more details visit www.cowpalace.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 404-4100.