How can you resist that face? Well, you don't have too because now, The Marine Mammal Center has 3 great family friendly programs to keep you busy for the entire weekend.
Experience The Marine Mammal Center like never before! Join us for a sleepover, which we call Seals & Slippers. It's a great chance to experience the Center in a small group setting after hours, all while camping out with the seals and sea lions!
In this unique program, lucky families get to camp out under the stars and take part in a variety of educational programs. The evening includes activities in our discovery classroom, a private nighttime tour of our hospital and a delicious dinner in our Commons. The parents and children even get to observe the night crew take care of the animals at the nighttime feeding!
In the morning, breakfast is served, followed by an invigorating hike down to Rodeo Lagoon and Rodeo Beach. We end the program back at the Center, where you will be able to enjoy some time in our gift store—you will receive 10% off as a special thank you—before saying goodbye. It is a truly memorable adventure for the families who take part!
Family Sleepover Dates - click below to register:
Behind the Scenes Saturday is a 45-minute Docent-Led Tour at The Marine Mammal Center! Adults $9| Members, Seniors, Students $5| Children 4 & Under are FREE, $1= 1 pound of fish for our patients!
Work side-by-side with trained educators as they lead participants around the Center’s exhibits and viewing areas providing insight into the work of the Center, stories of our seal and sea lion patients and how we can all help keep marine mammals healthy. Tours include hands-on demonstrations and specimens to experience.
Program Descriptions include a Fish Kitchen Experience - (30 minute program) and Missiles to Medicine - (30 minute program)
(Note: the number of patients onsite and visible varies depending on the animals’ conditions)
Join The Marine Mammal Center on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month for Marine Science Sunday - a FREE engaging ocean-inspired classroom presentations and tours from their expert education team.
- March 12 and 26: The Big, The Small and The Weird
- April 9 and 23: Magnificent Migrations
- May 14 and 28: Back from the Brink: Saving Species
- June 11 and 25: Marine Mammal Sounds
- SPECIAL Marine Science Sunday June 18: Summer with the Sea Lions
- July 9 and 23: Marine Mammal Superheroes
- August 13 and 27: Under the Bridge: Marine Mammals of SF Bay
- September 10 and 24: Top Predators: Orcas and Great White Sharks
- SPECIAL Marine Science Sunday September 17: Sea Otter Spectacular
- October 8 and 22: Creatures of the Deep
- November 12 and 26: An Ocean Feast: Marine Mammal Feeding
- December 10 and 24: Seal and Sea Lion Superstars of 2017