The 2018 Marin County Fair – themed All For One & Fun For All -- kicks off in high gear this summer offering spectacular fun for five days, and providing something for everyone, tots to teens, parents and grandparents. Highlights include nightly fireworks over the beautiful lagoon, headline entertainment, carnival rides, barnyard & petting zoo, and unique creative exhibits all topped off with a delicious variety of foods and refreshing treats and beverages. The Fair opens on SATURDAY, JUNE 30TH and runs through WEDNESDAY, JULY 4TH. Tickets are available online and at the entrance. A small service fee applies.
“Our theme this year ‘All For One | Fun For All’ is an opportunity to celebrate everyone in our community. It was created to showcase the best of what we each have to offer, whether a community poem, a 5th grader’s art project, an amazing hip hop dancer, a grandmother’s award-winning quilt or three generations of a family working on an “art in the spot” project,” said Director of Cultural Services Gabriella C. Calicchio. “At the Fair we don’t care what your country of origin is, what color skin you have, what your religious or political beliefs are, we care about creating a safe space for everyone to leave their worries behind and have FUN!”
Some of the biggest names in entertainment will grace the county fairgrounds during the Fair.
2018 FAIR HIGHLIGHTS:
- 28 Free Carnival Rides featuring 10-story Giant Ferris Wheel and Solar Carousel from Butler Amusements.
- Nightly Fireworks over the lagoon at 9:30 pm.
- 48th Annual International Short Film and Video Festival in the 300-seat Showcase Theater at 5 & 7 pm daily.
- Attractions for the entire family: Something Ridiculous comedy juggling duo, Golden Gate Garrison — 501st Legion, Stilt Circus and Rawhide Express Train.
- Over 12,000 Exhibits including Fine Arts and Crafts with over 1,000 works of art from painting to mixed media, sculpture and jewelry; decorated flags & banners; Art Chairs, Cartoons; Global Photography; Bonsai; Home Arts; Baked Goods & Culinary Contests from around the world; Junior Arts; Gardens and Flowers.
- Barnyard with farm animals, Great American Pig Races & Petting Zoo, Fur & Feathers Tent, Vaulting, Junior Dairy Cattle Show, Sheep Dog Trials, Junior Dairy Goats and Classic Beef Show, Market Swine Show and Pygmy Goats.
- Three Twins Solar Stage features popular contests: Hip Hop and Break Dance, Dancing Stars, Singing Stars and “Star Search” Performing Arts Competitions.
- Green Room Gallery – artful shopping featuring one-of-a-kind locally produced gifts and a chance to meet some of Marin County’s top artisans who will showcase unique jewelry, textiles, home accessories and quality crafts.
- Global Stage in the Exhibit Hall – fifteen performances representing the diverse cultures of the world and the Bay Area. Oaxacan flute, Brazilian berimbau, Japanese shakuhachi, and Peruvian cajon. Learn to dance Bollywood style, samba, or Persian beshkan (snap). Student poets from ForWords, a community poem activity and much more.
- Augmented and virtual reality activities – explore an immersive visual experience and help create a universe using augmented and virtual reality tools. Collect temporary tattoos that unlock secrets while exploring the Fair with the ARMaze app downloaded to your smartphone.
The award-winning Marin County Fair combines the red, white and blue of America’s history with the green of American’s future in sustainability by integrating environmental stewardship at the Fair. From renewable energy, waste diversion, energy efficiency, and water conservation in partnership with over a dozen public agencies, non-profit organizations and companies who support the ongoing efforts of the Fair to incorporate sustainable business practices, the Marin County Fair is proud to be “The Greenest Fair on Earth!”