Scratch Programming Playground ($24.95) is a new book that just hit the shelves teaching the FREE and easy to use program, Scratch, by creating classic video games.
You'll make games like:
- Maze Runner: escape the maze!
- Snaaaaaake: gobble apples and avoid your own tail
- Asteroid Breaker: smash space rocks
- Fruit Slicer: a Fruit Ninja clone
- Brick Breaker: a remake of Breakout, the brick-breaking classic
- Platformer: a game inspired by Super Mario Bros.
And TWO (2) lucky Ronnie's Awesome List subscriber will win a copy!
Scratch Programming Playground is, hands down, one of the best resources for kids (and adults!) with little or no experience by learning basic concepts while encouraging critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity. Each chapter provides clear step-by-step colorful directions to show how easy program is for each game. Scratch Programming Playground is a perfect balance of hands on fun while encouraging your budding computer scientist to learn programming in the beginner-friendly programming environment, Scratch.