Want to take your kids to the White House Easter Egg Roll in Washington D.C. March 28, 2016? You’ll have to enter an online lottery for free tickets. The 2016 White House Easter Egg Roll lottery will be open from Ticket lottery opens at noon on Friday, February 12th and closes at noon on Wednesday, February 17th. The event is open to children ages 13 and younger, and their families.
Lottery Opens: February 12 (12 p.m. ET)
Lottery Closes: February 17 (12 p.m. ET)
Lottery Results Available: Feb. 25
Event Date: March 28, 2016
- Tickets are free, but limited.
- There is no charge for entering the lottery.
- Only one application per household. All other applications will be voided without notice.
- Ensure that your account contact information is correct and current. Your email address will be used for lottery and ticket communications.
- Results will be available on February 25. Email notifications will be sent after that date to the lottery winners with instructions for obtaining tickets.
On Monday March 28, 2016, the First Family will host the 138th annual White House Easter Egg Roll on the South Lawn. This year's theme is “Let’s Celebrate!” and more than 35,000 guests will participate in games, stories, sports courts, cooking demonstrations and the traditional egg roll.
In addition to all of the fun and games, this year’s event will also include the first-ever White House Fun Run.
Tickets for the White House Easter Egg Roll are provided free of charge and will be distributed via an online lottery hosted on www.recreation.gov.
The White House invites all elementary and middle school students to submit original artwork related to this year’s theme for the 2016 Easter Egg Roll Design Contest. The First Lady will select the winning designs, which will be used as part of the White House 2016 Easter Egg Roll program and souvenir poster. The theme for this year’s event is “Let’s Celebrate!” to honor the final Easter Egg Roll of the Obama Administration, and celebrate the initiatives of First Lady Michelle Obama.
The deadline for submissions is February 22, 2016 at 12:00 PM EST.
- Designs should be uploaded using the form to the right.
- Artwork should reflect this year’s theme, “Let’s Celebrate!”
- Please note submissions may be made public during the selection process.