World Oceans Day is a global celebration held every June 8 with hundreds of events around the world recognizing the vital importance of all the Earth's oceans. Living in the Bay Area, you probably spend a good chunk of time living and playing in the Pacific Ocean. So, if you're ocean minded, family focused, enjoy water oriented passions and creating a better future then learn more how to:
- Be conscious of your energy use.
- Only buy sustainable seafood.
- Avoid using plastic straws and cutlery.
- Bring your own shopping bags.
- Elect eco-conscious public officials.
- Participate regularly in local beach cleanups.
And attend these awesome World Oceans Day Events: